The photo shows two sternwheelers heading up the Yukon River. The sign on the sternwheeler to the left of the photo, reads: "PHILLIP B. LOW." The sign on the sternwheeler to the right of the photo, reads: "COLUMBIAN." The PHILLIP B. Low was renamed the ELDORADO when sold in an auction in Dawson in 1901.Photographer's signature has been retouched.
Inscription recto: 2334 Canadian Developement Co's Str. 'Columbian' and the Yukon Flyer Line Co's 'Eldorado' Starting from Dawson July 4th 99 on a Race to Whitehorse Rapids. Larss & Duclos