Photograph of the Ora awaiting departure at Dawson waterfront. Sign on top of the Ora reads: "Big Mining Edition. Dawson Daily News Leaves on this Steamer in Charge of Special Agent for Distribution Through the Outside World." Signs on opposite hill read: "Try The Ames Mercantile Co. All New Goods," and "Druggists." The Ora weighed 69 tons and was built in 1898 at Lake Bennett. It arrived in Dawson July 8, 1898 and was dismantled in the spring of 1903.
Inscription recto: The Big Mining Edition of the Dawson Daily News Bound For The Outside Larss & Duclos Photos Dawson