Photograph of Dawson taken in 1898.
Inscription verso: This is Dawson in the Spring of 1898; showing some of the log cabins, the tents are used during the brief summer months. The background shows the Yukon River, looking down towards St. Michaels. In the Middle fore ground is the summer trail leading over to Bonanza with the Telephone poles and wires, reaching to Grand Forks of Bonanza & Eldorado 12 miles. This line is now completed to Dominion Creek, 42 miles from Dawson. A.O.W.