Black and white view of the plaque located on the Presbyterian Church at Lake Bennett. The plaque reads: This Church was built in 1899 under // the auspices of the Presbyterian // Church of Canada. Dr. Jas. Robertson // was then Superintendent of Missions // & Rev J.A. Sinclair was the Minister in // charge. At that time thousands of men // were encamped here building boats // for the journey to the Klondyke.
Note the use of an ampersand in the plaque. Note also the artistic placement of timbers in the wall.
Inscription verso: winter 1899 Lake Bennett Church plaque