Black and white view of a large group of men, and a small number of women fathered in front of a large wall tent and another smaller unidentified building. It is unclear which building is referred to in the inscription.
Inscription recto: Church at Bennett // E.A. Hegg
Inscription verso: Bennett church started by Dr. Grant, winter 1898 June 1898 Rev. R. M. Dickey farewell, Rev. John A. Sinclair officiated last sevice before ice break up at L. Bennett June 1898 note 2 children in front and 10 or so women seated second row at left. Bell, tent church, log manse. Bennett church was started by Dr. Grant in tent continued by R. M. Dickey. Present historical structure built by Rev. John A. Sinclair ".