Black and white photograph of mining claims. The property at left was operated by James Hill. The property at right was operated by Thomas Lippy. Sluiceboxes (supported by bents) on railway flumes transported the water supply from the creeks. Claim staking in this area began approximately March 1898. The number of claims eventually staked here was 308. The size of a claim was 50 feet by 50 feet.
Inscription recto: No. 16 & 17 Eldorado & French Hill // Hegg & Co. Photos // Dawson Y.T.